Renters Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Renters Insurance Information
If you rent or lease the property you live in, you may believe your landlord is responsible for damages to your personal property. Unfortunately, this is often not the case. While your landlord is responsible for the physical structure of your building, you could be on the hook for costly out-of-pocket expenses if your possessions are damaged or destroyed. Renters insurance can help protect you from these costs.
We’re here to help. Contact PAC Insurance Services Inc. in Birmingham, Bessemer and Roebuck Alabama, to learn more about renters insurance.
What Is Renters Insurance?
A renters insurance policy can help protect you from unexpected events that cause damage to your property, force you to leave your home or result in litigation. It can protect you from the costs of damage or destruction resulting from numerous perils (e.g., fire, theft, lightning) and even allegations that you have caused harm to a third party.
Call PAC Insurance Services today for more information on our renters insurance solutions.
What Does Renters Insurance Cover?
Here are some of the benefits commonly included in a renters insurance policy:
- Personal liability coverage can help pay for costs (e.g., medical expenses, legal fees) arising from allegations that a guest was harmed on your property.
- Personal possessions coverage may pay to repair or replace your property (e.g., computers, clothes) if it’s damaged or destroyed from a covered peril.
- Living expenses coverage can pay for additional living costs (e.g., hotel stays, laundry) if property damage forces you to leave your property temporarily.
If you own certain types of belongings (e.g., expensive jewelry, fine art), your renters insurance policy may not provide sufficient coverage for repairs or replacements. Speak to your insurance agent today to learn if you could benefit from additional coverage.
How Does Renters Insurance Work?
Renters insurance is a legally binding contract between you and your insurance company. As long as you continue to make your monthly premium payments, your insurer will help pay for damages from covered perils (e.g., fire, theft), up to your policy limits. Sometimes you may have to pay an out-of-pocket deductible before your insurance payments kick in.
Two primary types of renters insurance coverage can help protect your personal property:
Getting Renters Insurance
- Actual cash value coverage can reimburse you for the value of your item at the time of the covered loss (factoring in depreciation).
- Replacement cost coverage can cover the cost to replace items that have been lost or damaged from a covered peril (not factoring in depreciation).
We’re here to help you find the renters insurance you deserve. Get peace of mind today. Call PAC Insurance Services and ask about our insurance options.